donderdag 30 oktober 2014

Three-Outta-Six! Witty Art Works rated as ''Excellent'' during this year's NOISE Festival

Absolutely awesome! Yesterday, I got the news that 3-out-of-the-6 Witty Art Works that I had submitted earlier this year to the NOISE Festival 2014, have been awarded with an 'Excellent' rating by none other than the festival's very own founder and CEO Denise Proctor.


So, what does that mean then? Well, as the NOISE Festival puts it, amongst others:
''Your fantastic work has been rated by a curator or member of our shortlist panel. Your work has all the hallmarks of excellence. It shows promise and we see big things ahead for you and your work.'' 

Now, THAT's something I definitely like to hear! 

Three.Out.Of.Six. Pretty much makes a 50/50 score, so that is really, really, really amazing to find out and a huge boost for not as much my own personal ego (sure, yes, it does - no need for false modesty here) but definitely for my belief in Witty Art! 

Entering NOISE 2014
When entering NOISE earlier this year, I have to admit, I was pretty anxious about it. Though having won prices in various (smaller) art competitions in The Netherlands before, I really felt this was stepping it up a notch. You see, it's no secret I'd like Witty Art to venture out into the world, as I'd like for people worldwide to be able and enjoy my work. So, showcasing your work internationally is a must - and the Noise Festival provided me with a great opportunity to do so.

So, when the news came last night that not one, not two, but three out of the six works got the mark ''EXCELLENT'', it was not just fab news to me, but a major recognition of my creative art work. Especially, as my work borders on the very edge of autonomous and illustration art, or rather, in the no man's land between the two of them, a place I like very much to dwell in. 

Awarded works
So, which three Witty Art works were rated as ''Excellent'' then? Well, I have to say, they're three works I was already proud of, but now even more so. Here they are:

1. 'Silenced Minority #3'' (2013) SOLD


A series dear to my heart, and especially this one. A tale of oppression and what happens when the silent majority doesn't speak out in favour of minorities' rights but silences them by killing their voice. View this Witty Art Work and its official rating on my NOISE Portfolio here. 

2. ''A World To Be Blamed'' (2013)
  
 

One of The Singles, and one of the very first. Somehow, I think the image speaks for itself. View this Witty Art Work and its official rating on my NOISE Portfolio here.

3. "Mummies Dearest #4'' (2014) 


'Mummies' Dearest #4' is part of a series of (for now) six drawings, about that all-consuming 'Motherly Smotherly Love'. View this Witty Art Work and its official rating on my NOISE Portfolio here

And the great thing about this one is .. this one is about to be unveiled to the public and to be showcased LIVE as part of a group-exhibition from November 8th - 30th in my hometown Rotterdam.

Last but not least, I want to say a major thank you to the whole NOISE Festival 2014 team: management, curators, staff, volunteers and trainees alike for their hard work and effort into putting this together. And, a token of appreciation for all my fellow artists who have entered their work and shared their often amazing creativity with the world. I will definitely enter the NOISE Festival again in the future


 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten