maandag 20 oktober 2014

First glimpse of new series: 'Crawl On The Catwalk (Bigger Steps)'



As I started posting pictures of another new series called 'Crawl On The Catwalk' both on my Facebook page and my Instagram and Pinterest accounts, positive reactions were flooding in. So I decided to post some more snap shots of the nearly-finished drawings of this particular series, which features a hyperactive, if not slightly hysterical, fashion designer and his entourage rapidly spiralling out of control. From Haute Coutûre to Haute Bizarre, or more like Panic on the Runway or something like it. 



With this series, I actually had no idea what I would end up with, except I had this firm idea of the main character and his mantra ''Take Bigger Steps, You Must Take Bígger Steps!''. How the other characters evolve, the models, the seamstresses, the whole entourage of a well-established ''House of Fashion'', I had no idea. I've got to say, the result swings right between the surrealistic, dystopian world of the Singles and the more upbeat irony of my more cartoonesque art.

And yes, I like it that way, to be honest. But let's see what the final result will look like, as I hope to post the first five finished works online this week!




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten