maandag 30 januari 2017

Witty Art at people's homes: another Lost Bear (un)happy at home!



It's always great when a happy new owner of my artwork sends me pictures of what's now their very own piece of Witty Art. I always am happily surprised by the often creative ways in which many owners display my art at their homes. They go to great lengths of choosing the right spot or even specially creating one. 

Some know it straight away, others take a bit longer. Some will move stuff around Witty Art, others will make it blend in with their surroundings. But whatever they decide, it's always a loving, welcoming and often very thorough process. It's never random.

Over time, I have built up quite a collection of pictures of Witty Art at people's homes and/or offices.


The other day I received two snapshots by my fellow artist, theatremaker and director Irene Siekman, who purchased one of my 'Lost Bears', while they were on display during my soloshow at Hostel Ani & Haakien last autumn. I was pleasantly surprised to see this little Lost Bear being surrounded by the work of other Dutch artists: Theo Huijgens, Lody van Dulken and Karin Rianne Westendorp as well as a lovely vintage seventies' photograph of her parents.

The result is a very nice, very intimate little gallery up there. One, I think this little brave Lost Bear will be very proud to call his new family now!
 
And I absolutely love it!



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten