dinsdag 22 april 2014

''Cornered": Switching from Single to Serial


''Cornered'' is a series I started working on during last year's fall. It actually didn't start out as a series, I thought the first drawing to be a one-off, like my other ''Single'' Works. But somehow this particular image came back in my mind, and started to appear on paper a couple of times. So, from ''single'' to ''serial'', so to speak, sometimes it just works that way.

Just black indian ink on paper, using various pens and pencils to create lines and texture. I kinda like this little creature trying to almost literally break away from the paper he (or she) feels trapped in. It's a fighter. I am happy to let this one return in a couple of more works and see where his fight to break free will take him/her.







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten