zaterdag 8 maart 2014

Interactive Witty Art Project: What's Your Great Human Statement?


Today, I'd like to share with you this preview of a series I've been working on for a while. By ''working on'', I mean: working on-it-on-and-off. It's called a ''A Great Human'' and as you can see, it features this very lively female character, declaring ''she was born a great human and she's ready to ... '' well, she's more than ready and up for a lot of stuff, as this series will show you.

'A Great Human', as she's simply called, is a creature born free. Free from bagage such as expectations from others, or worse, limitations set by others. Free from pressure put on her by society. Free from labels, free to chose from life whatever it brings to her or whatever she sets out to explore and discover. Free and not being forced to proof yourself to anyone else but yourself.


It started off with me drawing and adding a few lines of what ''A Great Human'' was born to do:

I was born a Great Human and I'm here to.. 
... Rock Your World
... Make You Dance!
... Kick Your Ass!

(yes, I was in a pretty fiesty but cheerful mood at the time)


But, to give it that extra ''human touch'', I decided to go interactive with this one. So, I asked input from other people, both men and women, initially in my private and professional network, but soon afterwards actively asking for input from strangers. What would your Great Human say by way of ''Declaration of A Great Humankind?'' Their input, their ''human statement'' as it were, would provide the inspiration for what each individual ''Great Human'' would look like in each and every individual drawing.

I simply asked people to finish of the line I had used for my first drawings: 
I Was Born A Great Human .. and I'm here to 

.. to which they could submit, well, anything they felt like. The next step was me visualising their statement, using the '''Great Human'' character I'd come up with.This way, all the input provided by others would help contribute towards or even determine the content of each image I'd draw. 

So, when asked, the first people to submit their ''Great Human Statement'': 

I Was Born A Great Human .. and I'm here to 
... Convince You
... Show I Care
... Control 
... Stay 
... Inspire
... Love
... Conquer The World
... Share
... Bring You Some Joy


And then people really got creative: 

I Am A Great Human .. and I'm here to
... Breed Some More 
... Be The Best And Ignore All The Rest 
... Move People 
... Be Your Shadow 
... Hold My Ground 
... Flirt & Roll
... Spread Kindness
... See, The Great And The Small 
... Benefit Other Beings
... Confuse And Innovate!
... Figure Out What I Want 
... Just Me
... Be A Mother 
... Deviate
... Make A Difference
... Make A Mess
... Wonder .. 
... Live AND Die In a Great Way Too


Well, the list goes on, but so far, all this I have turned into ''Great Human Drawings'', of which I now have posted a couple of previews online. As I have a bit more time, I will dedicate a special page on this blog to the whole series, which has become a bit of a project in itself, as I have plans to showcase the whole series both on- and offline. And to organise a bit of stuff around it, keeping people involved. Perhaps organise an (online) election of the best or the most original or most inspiring ''Great Humans''. Or the most hilarious, for that matter. Will keep you all posted on the what, when, where and how.


But, ofcourse, now I am curious. What would YOUR Great Human say to the world? Let me know and share your ''Great Human Statement'' with me and the world and let me turn your statement into a part of Witty Art!

It's simple, as you should know by now. Just finish this one sentence. With whatever you feel like and come up with. However funny, witty, inspiring, beautiful, sad, provocative, well whatever. I will use almost all of your input, well, with one exception: no HATERS and HATRED allowed, so any racist/homophobic/xenophobic/etc. content will to exactly there where it should go, there where the sun doesn't dare to shine (e.g. up the hater's a***, if you know what I mean). 

I WAS BORN A GREAT HUMAN .. and I'm here to: 

You submit your ''Great Human Statement'' underneath this blogpost or send it to me via email or Facebook.

I am looking forward to all your comments, remarks, additions or even questions! 







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten